Slider

Tuesday Food + Funny

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Welcome to the first post in my Food+Funny series! Part of the reason I took such a long break from blogging was because I struggled with good content, and didn't want to post something just to post something. You feel me?

So I came up with Food+Funny - because really, who doesn't like food and who doesn't like to laugh?



One of the things that I have been doing a ton of lately is cooking. Pete and I both love to cook, and it's become so therapeutic! I love the whole process (well, except maybe the cleaning up part!) and I've become more adventurous. We regularly cook and eat all kinds of fish, and am using tons of vegetables that I would never have touched before (I'm looking at you, fennel!).

Add to that a three and a half year old who regularly keeps me laughing and on my toes, and the idea was born! I hope to post these each Tuesday. We do a bigger, more time-consuming meal on Sundays and we do "Meatless Monday" in addition to the 2-3 other times a week we cook. So some of my recipes might be a little more involved or "fancy", and others perfect for a busy weeknight. I hope you enjoy them!


I'm going to start with a "funny" this week ..... because y'all, sometimes I just cannot believe the things that come out of my child's mouth!

Friday night, we were driving home from a friend's house, and out of the blue, she says to me "Mom, I have a question." Me, thinking to myself that this is never a good way to start a conversation respond, "Yes, Gracie?"

"Mom, who makes people?"

Not, 'where do babies come from?' but 'who makes PEOPLE?'.

I have to admit I stumbled a little bit here, since I was not prepared for this kind of question NOW. So I threw it back and asked her what she thought. My smart, bright child did not miss a beat.

"I don't know. But you're thinking about it, right mom?"

So first I tried to tell her that I made her. But that led to who made me (NOT Pete as she thought), but her grandmother, which she really struggled with grasping. So, finally, I went with the answer I should have started with.

"God, honey. God makes people."

And that was that! I'm still chuckling to myself four days later and thinking that I really need to get myself prepped for this conversation so that I'm not totally blindsided next time! Please tell me your funny stories of your kids asking about babies and where people come from!

Now on to food! I'm going to share our dinner from last night, a "meatless Monday" recipe. It's super cold here, and I wanted something warm and comforting. I really wanted to do a tomato or butternut squash soup, but Pete convinced me to try Zucchini and Basil Soup. He claimed it was creamy and so delicious. Now, I love zucchini, but basil I'm meh about. But I trust him and am continuing to branch out, so I went with it.  We also had an arugula salad - which has several ingredients I never would have eaten. (I was the pickiest eater!) I found this recipe on Pinterest and have made it a couple of times now. It's super simple and SO yummy!




Yummy, filling, healthy and took under 30 minutes to cook!  I'd call this one a win and we'll definitely be making again! See you back here next Tuesday!

xo,
Gentel


2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm wondering if you will do a post on how you became a freelance bookkeeper. Did you go to school for bookkeeping? Take a course? How did you acquire clients? I am looking to pursue this path and any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great idea, I will definitely do a post soon! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan