Slider

Girl Chat {Reintroductions}

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Happy Thursday, friends!! Today, I am linking up for the first Girl Chat of 2018 with Danielle, Emily, Lindsay, Lizzie and Sierra :)



If you are new here, welcome! My name is Gentel and I have been blogging for about six years. This is the third blog I have started, and this is the one that will stay!! My first blog involved wedding planning and all that fun stuff, my next blog was my mama+lifestyle blog as a wife and new mom, but I recently got divorced and have found myself on a new path so I felt like a fresh start was best!




I work part time as a freelance bookkeeper with my BS in Business. I am currently researching Graduate programs in Accounting, because my ultimate goal is to continue to build my bookkeeping business. I would love to eventually have a team of other bookkeepers! Bookkeeping was definitely not the world I thought I would end up in, but I do enjoy my work and my clients, but most importantly I appreciate the flexibility it gives me as a single mom.

My daughter, Grace, is 3 1/2 and she is the light of my life! She is my moon and my entire world. The past few months have been a bit of a rough transition for us but, as any mom will tell you, I would do anything for her and her happiness! She is the spiting image of her father with all the sass and attitude of her mama!



I am also dating a pretty amazing guy, who is very meh about social media, so you won't see toooo much of him around here! We met through work, and were good friends until after I separated from my ex and began dating. I believe our foundation as friends was what helped solidify our relationship. He is sweet, funny, loves to cook and spoils us rotten.




A few other things about me:

  • I'm originally from Hawaii, and still have close family that live there. It's my favorite place on earth!
  • I LOVE to travel. It's one of the things I look forward to doing the most! And it doesn't matter if I'm going two hours from home, or two thousand miles ..... adventure fills my soul.
  • I also love wine. Red and white, I'm not picky! My two current favorites are Dreaming Tree (red) and Sancerre Sauvignon Blanc.
  • Cooking has become my jam. Pete and I really enjoy cooking and spending time together in the kitchen. This week, I started a series on Tuesdays sharing a new recipe so you'll find that each week!
  • I always have to have my nails painted. It's just one of those weird things, I don't feel complete if my nails are bare or chipped! 
  • I also (in my very spare time) sell magical, unicorn shampoo - if you've ever used Monat, you know what I'm talking about! And if you haven't heard of it, I'm happy to send you a sample! 
  • I love lists, making lists about lists, and organizing my lists. 
  • I'm addicted to buying planners. I think I have 3 for 2018 and I'm using 0 of them. I almost bought a 4th one yesterday but stopped myself! 
  • I upgraded to the iPhone 8+ specifically for the portrait camera setting and it's amazing the quality of pictures that it takes! I love taking photos.
  • I suffer from a generalized anxiety disorder, that flares up during particularly stressful times, but I've thankfully learned how to manage it.
  • I believe that everyone should be in therapy. 
  • I don't watch much TV anymore, but my favorite shows are anything reality on Bravo, Grey's Anatomy and This Is Us.
  • I love to read and am currently reading three different books! I gave up my nightly TV to read before bed. 
  • I love football and especially our New England Patriots! 
  • I definitely do not consider myself to be an expert, but since I do know a few things about the topics - I have had several friends and readers ask me to do a series on divorce, single parenting, dating again, etc so I do plan on starting a blog series about that soon! 
  • Blogging is my creative outlet - I love to write and I'm a classic "over sharer". But I love sharing my thoughts, feelings and life stories because I believe that we all have something to give that can help, inspire or encourage someone else. 

That is pretty much me in a nutshell! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask - I am an open book! Thanks for stopping by!

XO,
Gentel 

6 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you. Sorry to hear about your recent divorce. I have some anxiety too and I love travel, photos, and reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your divorce! I am divorced, too, and it going through that is just hard. So glad it seems that you are in a good place right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for linking up!! How awesome you were born in Hawaii!! That's somewhere I really want to go as a family one day but my hubby is very picky about how long he'll be on a plane LOL! I'm going to convince him though!! I'm so happy you have found happiness after your divorce, it sounds like you have a good guy! :) I'm excited to follow along your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for linking up with us! It was so fun getting to learn more about you. Your daughter is so adorable and it sounds like you have yourself a great guy there. I love that you are from Hawaii and it is on my list of places to visit one day! I completely agree that everyone should be in therapy. I used to go and could certainly use a few sessions. Sierra~Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love meeting new to me bloggers. I can't believe you had three blogs already. That's awesome. Way to go on going back to school! Thanks for linking up with us.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan