Slider

Tuesday Food + Funny: Week Two

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Good Morning friends! This is a late post today, because I chose to go to bed early last night instead of staying up and finishing my post .... priorities, right?

I hope you all had an amazing weekend! We are still on such a high after that Patriots v. Jaguars game! I think I held my breath the entire game, and I don't think I have ever wanted a WIN more than I did that game - and I still can't believe that I'm going to see the Patriots in the SuperBowl!!! Ahhh!







Ok, on to my funny ..... Gracie has me cracking up so much lately with the things she says, and she seriously never stops talking. Anyway, in keeping with our Patriots theme here, we were watching the game, and every time we cheered or yelled, she would ask "Did they win yet?"

At one point, Pete said to her: "Gracie, do you think the Patriots are going to win?"

And without missing a beat, my child responded: "No, I don't think so. They should let someone else win sometimes."

Y'all, I about DIED. I couldn't stop laughing. How she makes these connections and has the perfect comeback at the perfect time, I don't know how she does it. Needless to say, she was obviously excited when we did win :)

On to FOOD! It was a quiet week, for some reason we didn't make anything SUPER exciting, although I will link to the carnitas and chili I made, but the real winner was the Meatless Monday meal we had last night.

It's still so cold here, and I'm just on such a soup kick. There is nothing more comforting than a bowl of hot, steamy soup on a cold night! Last night, I made this recipe and it was SO insanely good. Like, I'm wondering if 9am is too early to go and heat some up!



Next time, I will make the following changes - add more vegetable broth to make it more of a thin soup consistency and add more veggies, like carrots and zucchini.

It was so simple and quick to make, I started it around 7:20 (which is late for us!) and we were eating before 8pm. I don't like eating that late, but some nights you can't help it!

I hope you have a great day! See you next week!!

XO,
Gentel

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan